Junk in the Trunk Minute to Win It Game originated from the Minute to Win It Television game show.
The Minute to Win It games are great fun for parties, social and corporate events as well as team building and youth activities.
The objective in the Minute to Win it games is to complete the various games as laid out in the blueprints within 60 seconds.
As time goes by the pressure mounts. There are various formats in which the games can be played. For further info check out Minute to Win It.
Junk In The Trunk is one of the most famous challenges, requiring the player to shake 8 ping pong balls out of a kleenex box out of their waist.
The Goal of Junk in the Trunk Minute to Win It Game
Wiggle a box filled with ping pong balls and attached to your waist until the box is empty in under 60 seconds.
Equipment Needed for Junk in the Trunk Minute to Win It Game
- One belt per player or team
- One empty rectangular or square tissue box, with the plastic removed from the opening per player or team
- Eight Ping-Pong balls per player or team
How to Play the Junk in the Trunk Minute to Win It Game
1) Fill the tissue box with ping-pong balls, then attach tissue box to the back of the belt. Put on the belt with the tissue box sitting at the small of the back.
2) When the clock starts, a player may begin moving a body to shake the ping-pong balls out.
3) Player’s hands or arms may not touch the box or belt.
4) A player may only touch the floor with his or her feet.
5) To complete the game, a player must get all 8 ping-pong balls out of the box within the 60-second time limit.
The Rules of Junk in the Trunk Minute to Win It Game
The player cannot touch the box, balls, or belt with hands or any other body part. The balls must come out of the box as a direct result of body movements. (No laying down and rolling around, either.)
Some useful tips
Try a bunch of different movements to see what works. The balls will come out quickly at first—it’s when you only have one or two left
that things get tricky. Really quick side-to-side hip movements can do the trick or just jumping up and down and wiggling hips. Get the balls moving around as much as possible, and eventually, they’ll escape.
Incorporating Junk in the Trunk Minute to Win It Game into other activities
Junk in the Trunk Minute to Win It Game can be included as one of the games as part of a Minute to Win It themed event, or it can be incorporated into other games for school camps, birthday parties, office parties or other social events.
To use Junk in the Trunk Minute to Win It Game as part of a team building or group activity, the rules can be adapted to get individuals to compete against each other to win points for their team.
Another popular option is to run Junk in the Trunk Minute to Win It Game in a relay format with each team member needing to complete the activity before the next team member starts.
In addition, Junk in the Trunk Minute to Win It Game can also be used as part of a challenge to be completed in a Scavenger Hunt or Amazing Race Themed Event.
Junk in the Trunk Minute to Win It Game can also be included as part of an indoor team building or fun group event program.